From Jack Sasson:
37th Annual Archaeological Congress in Israel
This Thursday (14th of April, 2011) the 37th Annual Archaeological
Congress in Israel will be held at Bar-Ilan University. The
conference, as always, will be a combination of short lectures
presenting new finds and excavations, as well as topical studies (note that the afternoon sessions will be running in parallel halls).
This year, there were be sessions on the following topics:
1) Prehistory (9 to 11 am)
2) Archaeological Science (11:30 to 13:30)
3) New Directions in the Study of the Persian Period (14:30-16:30)
4) Feasting in the archaeological record (14:30-16:30)
5) New excavations and studies – early periods (17:00-19:00)
6) New excavations and studies – later periods (17:00-19:00).
Program (in Hebrew) at
Should be a very interesting day. Hope to see you there!